Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas in colour



Call me kitch, but I do love it when the colour of food reflects the season.

So my Christmas go-to at the moment is a light and fresh coleslaw - I want to call it Asian inspired, but is probably is more Mexican in flavour?

Great with a roast chook (which is exactly what I served it with at Carols by Candlelight with my friend Nadia this week) or of course, with pulled pork in a soft bun.

Delish!


Coleslaw
  • ¼white cabbage, finely sliced
  • 1 bunch(about 300 g/11 oz) radishes, finely sliced
  • 4spring onions, finely sliced
  • 2green apples, finely sliced
  • 1 handfulcoriander leaves
  • 1 handfulmint leaves
  • 2limes, juiced
  • olive oil
  • sea salt and freshly ground pepper
  • Make the coleslaw by combining the cabbage, radish, spring onion and apple. Tear the herbs over it and squeeze in the lime juice, along with a small drizzle of oil. Season to taste.

1 comment:

Linda said...

It sounds amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.