Wednesday, September 10, 2014

LIKEtoKNOW:IT


I love the thought of being an entrepreneur. Identifying a hole in the market and solving a problem.

Well, it's hats off to the team behind LIKEtoKNOW:IT, a new program that taps into instagram to connect consumers with retailers through the power of fashion bloggers.

It's so simple, why didn't I think of it? (Um, because I'm an IT nufty who lacks any motivation!)

What is it, I hear you ask?

Basically, you know what it's like when you see a gorgeous dress in an instagram pic and wonder 'where did you get that? Well, now you can not only find out where they got it, but get a link straight through to wherever they bought it. Brilliant!

And the best bit? They're mostly American labels which I've never heard of. It's like opening the door to a secret garden . . . so many brands at your fingertips.

You might have you noticed the little www.liketk.it URLs appearing in the description of some of your favourite instagrammers. This is gold, people. 

But how do you tap into this fabulous new world of online shopping? Super dooper easily, my friends.

The basic steps are below . . .
  1. Sign up for LIKEtoKNOW.IT here
  2. Like an Instagram photo with a www.liketk.it link at the bottom (ie double tap)
  3. Receive ready-to shop product links via email (it'll change your world)

My inbox is FULL of emails from liketk.it,  I'm like a 'like' addict on Instagram now. It's opened up a whole new world to me - a dangerous and potentially expensive world - but a fun one.

Go forth and prosper, ladies xx


No comments: