Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Gift horse

I have been lucky enough to play a special part as bridesmaid in a number of my friends' weddings (coming up to seven times now . . . but who's counting?) and I've loved every minute of it. I just love weddings, and parties and running with a theme. Any excuse, really!

I think it's a huge honour to be asked to be a bridesmaid but nothing is as touching as being asked to be a Godmother.

I have been Max's Godmother for a couple of years now and he's one big hunk of spunk. He's coming up to three years old and I just can't get enough of him. Remember this little rabbit?

Well a couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be named Godmother to Maxie's little cousin Paige, my dear friend Bree's daughter. She is the sweetest little thing. 

Check her out with her Godparents . . .


The dedication was in the Rads so I didn't bother to lug her present back home for Bree to have to drag it back to Melbs. I headed over for coffee and cake at their place the next weekend to deliver the present - a gorgeous fuschia pink herringbone woollen blanket.

I think Miss Paige was impressed.


Baby/Christening/Dedication presents are hard - you want something sentimental but something that will last. I thought about all the usual options - money box, books, picture frames, charm bracelet. But I was worried she'd end up with three of each.

Yay or nay to the long term present? Or do you prefer gifts that are more age appropriate?

Sunday Collector got me thinking outside the square with a post featuring a doll her sister had bought for her niece. Dumye dolls are dolls with purpose and I just love love love that idea. For every doll purchased they gift an orphan in need and allow them to make a doll of their own through an art workshop. How good!

Other good presents are personalised canvases (a friend painted a quote from Where the Wild Things are for me to mark Max's big day); anything Georg Jensen; animal heads (West Elm do a great collection) or a painting - like something splendid from the oh so talented Pip Boydell.

Bree's sister Kelly (Max's Mum) prides herself on her gifting skills like me (we love it!) and she came across this beautiful present for Paige. May I introduce the Maven Doll range.


Bree's side of the family chipped in for a Mollie - a gorgeous piece to keep for years to come. Isn't she just something else!?



I think we nailed it this time. What do you think?

1 comment:

DumyƩ said...

Thank you Polkadot Pantry for sharing DumyƩ with your readers! x