Thursday, October 10, 2013

Chicken soup for the 30 year old soul







Nothing clears the mind like country air.

And I'm lucky enough to have one of my dearest friends living on the most gorgeous little farm only two hours out of Melbourne.

I took some time out last week to bake some biscuits (recipe to come - they were SO easy!) and head out to Dean's Marsh to stay with Carri and her beautiful family. Carri is Mum to the sweetest little six month old Alice who just warms my heart. A smiley, happy baby - she was just what the doctor ordered.

We drank cups and cups of tea, fed the ponies, feasted on baked goods, toured the farm, pondered the new farmhouse (it's going to be DIVINE!) and just chilled out. It was the most relaxing and rejuvenating 20 hours I've had in a long time.

It's times like these I think "what could've been" if I had said yes to Farmer Wants a Wife . . . !

No comments: