Monday, November 5, 2012

Dotty for the races

So I've been slack on the blogging front but with Melbourne Cup tomorrow, I thought I'd better share with you my Spring Carnival outfit.

I'm so thrilled with how my hat turned out! I've never had so many comments on my outfit before, I said to someone I felt like Miranda Kerr . . . without the body! Heather Clark of Studio Hats was the creative force behind it, she's brilliant.

Some may say I'm breaking all sorts of protocol by recycling my hat time and time again (as of tomorrow, I would've worn it four times in three weeks) but I've changed my dress each time and love how the price per wear is looking much nicer each time!

So here it is . . .


And this was with Jourdanne (the girl behind my freezer full of meat!) at our friend Jo's 30th birthday at Caulfield Cup Day at Morphettville . . .


And most recently at Cox Plate with my Mum and Dad at Moonee Valley.



It would've been perfect at Derby Day on the weekend.

And yes, I'll be wearing it again tomorrow at Morphettville for Melbourne Cup Day.

What's your Cup Day inspiration? Are you embracing neon or going more traditional this year?

No comments: