Monday, January 9, 2012

Dear Kate


The gorgeous Miss Kate turns 30 today.

Didn't she look elegant in her Alice Temperley gown on the red carpet last night at the premiere of Steven Spielberg's War Horse? I can't wait to see the movie, but fear it'll be another Marley & Me, Red Dog tearjerker.

Anyway, as my big 3-0 draws closer (17 months and counting), I thought this little article in The Telegraph was a lovely little reflection on what it means to enter your fourth decade.

"Dear Kate Middleton, the best is yet to come

As the Duchess of Cambridge turns 30, we ask 15 wise women for their advice to a girl embarking on that important fourth decade. (No pressure, then, Kate.)"
 
I love Jilly Cooper's flashback - only she who indulges in high society scandals in her fabulously decadent novels - could wish she'd 'gone to bed with half of London'!


. . . and then take a deep breath and realise everything will be okay.

4 comments:

Jodie @ LukaMish said...

she is absolutely gorgeous, and looked absolutely stunning in that dress!

Brooke said...

Another great link, Kate! Having turned 30 in July I really enjoyed reading that article - thank you.

Leanne said...

Great article - I for one can't wait to see the back end of my twenties...only 7.5 months to go x

Kate said...

Oh good, glad to see you're kicking on Brooke and your 30th wasn't the end of the world! I plan to spend my big day in New York, so that's something to look forward to.

Yes Jodie, she knows what looks good on her, doesn't she.

And Leanne, nice to see someone with enthusiasm for the next decade! I've always thought it an elegant time - whenever Vogue or Harpers does a special age issue, the 30s always look the most styley.

There's hope yet!