Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Powerful Father's Day


This is me and my Dad.

He likes to call himself 'Big John', he cooks a mean BBQ and he loves Port Power.

I'm a Port fan myself so couldn't think of a better way to celebrate Father's Day with the old boy than a day at the footy . . . at my favourite place in the world, Adelaide Oval.






We were blessed with beautiful weather for the occasion, and with a crowd in excess of 29,000, it was a gorgeous day out with the fam.


While Dad caught up with old mates and reminisced about 'the good old days' when he used to play on the hallowed Adelaide Oval turf, Mum and I enjoyed a few bubbles.


And then we cheered Port on to a sweet final victory for the year - a special one at that as it was the first AFL game to ever be played on Adelaide Oval.

As our song says . . ."history here in the making"

3 comments:

Brown Button Trading said...

what a fabulous perfect day! this makes me miss the rads! and yay for the power winning (even if i'm not a fan) - gorgeous xx

Pippa said...

it almost makes Port look classy...
I said almost

Kate said...

It was quite surreal Pippa, champagne over bourbon, pearls instead of tattoos and collared shirts rather than singlets.

I found my happy place!