Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hey Jude




On our first day in Brisbane, I caught up with a dear friend Gill who I hadn't seen in six years since I last left London.

So lovely to chew the fat - so much has happened since 2005!

She works in the city so Emma and I were thrilled to be able to explore the CBD with a local.

Gill took us down to Eagle Street Pier which was GREAT! What a lovely escape from a busy day in the office!

We headed to Jude which took my breath away - it's completely the type of place I'd love to open up (either that or something grungy like Flamingo in the Valley)

I went for the thai fish cakes with cous cous salad and beetroot salad, while Emma chose the thai chicken balls. Gill got the risotto balls but I held back from taking a pic of her lunch!

The food came in brown cardboard takeaway boxes on gorgeous rattan serving platters. They looked too good to eat!

The staff were friendly and the vibe was buzzing, the perfect distraction on a Friday and a great excuse for a long lunch.

No comments: