Monday, August 8, 2011

Cat on a hot tin roof




Time for some Radelaide love - I've neglected this fab city of ours while I've been having an affair with Brisbane, but I'm back on track.



Caught up with a long time friend on Sunday for brunch at Tin Cat Cafe in Kent Town. It's an old favourite of mine, I've organised my fair share of hen's days there and love their breakfasts.

Also great for an art exhibition launch - it's a cute little gallery with a great retro vibe.

Pressed tin bar, vintage lamps, accents of hot pink. Right up my alley.


Tin Cat makes its home in a gorgeous historical building only a few streets outside the CBD. It's like walking into someone's house - quaint little rooms make up the restaurant which is renowned for its vintage fitout and mis-matched furniture. The walls are lined with quirky artwork and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Then there's the food.

Kate and I were lucky to score a seat near the fire, perfect for a wintery Adelaide morning.

We started with hot chocolates and cappuccinos, then went for freshly squeezed juices - apple for me and orange for the newlywed.

I settled for "The Sausage"
house made pork & fennel sausage braised in tomato & chilli with baked polenta

and Kate chose "The Beans"
cannelini, borlotti & lima beans in a tomato & basil sauce with grilled ciabatta



It was gooooood.

The people at the table next to us indulged in "Bloody Meelys" - the Tin Cat's take on Bloody Marys.

They looked awesome.

Definitely worth the visit if you're down in the Rad - cosy in winter and fabulous in Summer - the courtyard out the back is perfect for little partays.

Safe travels back to Canberra, Kate x

No comments: