Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My new love





I'm not usually one for gadgets in the kitchen, but I have a confession to make - I am obsessed with my new pizza maker.
It's one of those spacecraft looking pod things that are kind of like an oversized toasted sandwich maker. Mine is red, and I love it.
I've been perfecting my technique to try and work out a signature topping and I would have to say it's my margherita. Ah-mazing. Garlic and passata on the base, little bit of cheese, slices of fresh tomato, salt and pepper, cheese on top - bake and then sprinkle with fresh basil. It was out of this world. I even managed to get Tommy, my friend's husband who is a die-hard ham and pineapple fan, to come around to the dark side (that is, a pizza without meat!)
I took it up to the Barossa with me last Friday to knock the socks off Libby and Tommy, and they were impressed. Tommy went from 'You're all talk, Kate' to 'Lib, we're off to Wohlers to buy one tomorrow!'
The tandoori chicken was also a winner (well, for the girls anyway - Tommy couldn't be convinced - he was especially unimpressed with 'that green stuff on top' ie. rocket and don't get me started on the yoghurt!) while sweet potato and olives were a hit on the mediterranean special.
One lesson learnt - let the pizzas cool slightly before tucking in - I have three layers of skin peeling off the roof of my mouth. Tomato is a killer for burning!

4 comments:

Teresa Hatfield said...

Sounds and looks delicious! Love pizza, especially veggie.
Teresa (Splendid Sass)

Brown Button Trading said...

really? that good? ok. you have convinced me on how to spend my peters of kensington voucher that I have been holding on forever. thanks lovely xx

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

You have convinced me Kate! I went to school with Tommy and his brother so found that hilarious and not at all surprising! x

Cindy said...

Looks delish!!