Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Take me away









I don't really like Winter. I wish I could hibernate like a bear and stay under the covers. But I think if I could wake up to this magic every day, I think I could - only just - get through the day. Can you BELIEVE how stunning this place is?

Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island has won bucket loads of awards since it opened last year. It's truly magical - and waaaay out of my price range. But oh, how a girl can dream! Every tiny little detail has been thought of - right through from the reception lounge to the outdoor dining terraces - the artwork to the mud wraps - the eco-friendliness to the uninterrupted views. STUNNING. And as a proud as punch South Aussie, I'm always thrilled to see local produce used with such glamour and decadence. Bit like Sunday night dinner at my place (ha!).

So now, I just have to save my pennies . . . or keep dreaming.

2 comments:

abeachcottage said...

yeah I dreaming with you, I hate this winter, it's pouring down again and I am huddled next to the rad

Sarah

red ticking said...

love your blog... and i need to get my crockpot out of the box... have a lovely weekend... pam