Monday, May 18, 2009

Dipping into new territory

Okay, so couldn't find a suitable pic that even resembled something close to hummus soup, so have opted for colour instead!
Cannelle-vanille is really helping me get through winter - FABULOUS blog and flickr page xo

I could live off dip platters - tzatziki, roast capsicum, taramasalata, french onion - you name it, I've dipped it. One of my all time faves is hummus, so you can imagine my delight when I found a recipe for hummus soup. Sounds strange, yes, but it really really works! And just the comfort food I was after to help get over this bloomin cold.

Hummus soup
Serves 4-6
'Faking it'

1L (4 cups) chicken stock
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 Tbs chopped mint leaves
1 Tbs chopped flat leaf parsley
natural yoghurt, to drizzle
extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
2 Tbs dukkah
flatbread, to serve

Place the stock in a saucepan with the garlic, lemon zest and chickpeas, and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool slightly, then add the mint, parsley and lemon juice and puree using a stick blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper then reheat over low heat. Ladle soup into serving bowls, drizzle over yoghurt and oil and sprinkle with dukkah. Serve with lemon wedges and flatbread.
Recipe from 'Faking It' - Valli Little

2 comments:

Emma said...

Darling Kate! I am loving what you are doing over here! You have inspired me to get back into the land of the great white blog xxx

Michelle Parks McCourt said...

what a lovely blog. I just stumbled on it and I'll be back!